STOCK MARKET CHALLENGE
Buy! Sell! Students Compete in Stock Market Simulation
High school students compete against each other in teams in a simulated stock market environment that is hectic, loud, exciting and filled with energy. Student teams are given $500,000 in fake currency used to make their initial stock selections from more than 25 fictitious companies before the challenge begins.
The secret to success during the challenge lies in students’ ability to collaborate with their team and their understanding of the big ideas about the stock market. At the end of the challenge, the team with the stock portfolio with the highest net worth wins!
Stock Market Challenge Returning in Spring 2023
Join us as we share this experience with your students!
at JA World Huizenga Center at the Lillian S. Wells Pavilion
1130 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek, FL 33066
WANT THIS PROGRAM FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
Complete the form and send it by email to Claire@JASouthFlorida.org or Alexandrea@JASouthFlorida.org before December 15, 2022.
TEACHERS – REGISTER YOUR STUDENTS HERE!
Each student session is approximately two hours in duration and students complete 60 trading days. Space is limited – request your spot today.
Please complete and submit both forms to be registered for the JA Stock Market Challenge.
What Our Students Say About Stock Market Challenge
- “I loved the high energy of the simulation. I really felt like this was the real deal.”
- “I will take the strategies I used in this simulation to real life in order to be successful in investing.”
- “Keep an open mind and don’t panic even when the market is down.”
- “I enjoyed being able to take charge with decisions and decide where we wanted our money to go.”
- “I enjoyed the fast-paced atmosphere because it replicates the actual stock market environment.”
- “Life is a trade, and it’s all about taking calculated risks.”
STOCK MARKET CHALLENGE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Your contribution will allow us to continue providing and improving the quality of entrepreneurship, work readiness, and financial literacy programs to more than 69,000 students in Broward and south Palm Beach counties.
VOLUNTEER FLOOR TRADERS NEEDED!
During the challenge students must complete trading decisions (buying and selling) through an adult volunteer in the role of a floor trader. Mentor our youth at the Stock Market Challenge. Sign-up at JASouthFlorida.org/Volunteer or email Claire@JASouthFlorida.org or Alexandrea@JASouthFlorida.org.