FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (August 10, 2022) – Galleria Fort Lauderdale’s Men of Style presented by Signature Grand, the most fashionable social event of the season, is back and ready to rock the runway on Thursday, December 1, from 6 – 9 p.m.! Recognized as one of Broward County’s premier shopping destinations, Galleria Fort Lauderdale has announced the lineup of honorees and its new special guest host, Nicole Perez WPLG Local 10 anchor.
For the past 15 years, the Galleria has proudly hosted this high energy event which showcases a stellar roster of prominent men who are making a positive impact in our community. Last year’s record-breaking event raised over $203,000 for 12 respected local charities that impact the quality of life for those they serve and the community-at-large.
“We’re thrilled to be hosting our fun and fashionable Men of Style for its 16th year which is a testament to and celebration of the achievements of 12 philanthropic men and the charitable nonprofits they serve,” said Melissa Milroy, senior marketing manager at Galleria Fort Lauderdale. “Galleria Fort Lauderdale is a steadfast community partner committed to making a difference year-round. We are grateful to continuing sponsor Signature Grand and our many supporters that make this a most memorable and meaningful event.”
The 12 influential South Florida men who have graciously donated their time and resources to worthy causes and will work the runway on behalf of their participating nonprofits are:
- Chris Caputo, Wilton Manors City Commissioner (The Pride Center at Equality Park)
- David Cooley, Owner/Agent, State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Pompano Beach (Henderson Behavioral Health)
- Gregg Goldstein, Chief Strategy Officer, EM Consulting Group (Leadership Broward Foundation)
- Andre Gonzalez, Project Wealth Advisor, Synovus Bank (Florida Children’s Theatre)
- David Greenberg, President, Greenberg Capital and Strategic Advisor, Florida Panthers Hockey Team (Junior Achievement of South Florida)
- Chris Hawk, Interventional Cardiologist, MSPB Cardiology Group (Jack & Jill Center)
- Jorge Hernandez, Vice President of Supply Chain Services and Chief Procurement Officer, Broward Health (Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center)
- Mike Linder, Owner, SilverLining Inflight Catering, JET Runway Café, YOT, Canyon and Event Effects Group (Kids In Distress)
- Justin Nepola, Attorney, Nepola Yonta Attorneys at Law (FLITE Center
- Marc Spoto, AVP of Marketing, JM&A Group (HANDY)
- David Smith, Executive Vice President and CFO, Memorial Healthcare System (Art and Culture Center/Hollywood)
- Andrew Wurtele, Private Investor (Heart Gallery of Broward)
Guests will be treated to gourmet selections from area restaurants and an open bar with Stoli Vodka and wines from Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants plus live entertainment.
HARRY BLU’S® – an award-winning original Miami handcrafted spirit will proudly join the fun. The highlight of the evening will be the fashion runway show that will feature the Men of Style honorees wearing the season’s top trending styles from Macy’s and Dillard’s.
Event sponsors and contributors include Signature Grand as a presenting sponsor, and supporting sponsors Dillard’s, Macy’s, GPR | Goodman Public Relations, City & Shore magazine, OutClique, WPLG Local 10, Stoli, Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants, HARRY BLU’S® and The Capital Grille.
Tickets go on sale October 12 and are $150 per person which includes complimentary valet parking. Online voting, $25 per vote, will be available, too.
Galleria Fort Lauderdale
Galleria Fort Lauderdale, recognized as one of South Florida’s premier shopping destinations, features a variety of popular dining and retail options. Macy’s, Dillard’s and H&M anchor the center which also is home to Altar’d State, Apple, Banana Republic, Free People, Michael Kors and Pandora. The center features a fine roster of dining establishments such as Seasons 52, Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants, The Capital Grille and P.F. Chang’s. Powerhouse Gym and Blue Martini can also be found at the property. Just steps away from Fort Lauderdale’s world-famous beach, it is minutes from the airport, port, downtown, hotels and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center with easy access from Sunrise Boulevard, U.S. Highway 1 (Federal Highway), Interstate 95, Interstate 595, and U.S. Highway A1A (Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard). Located at 2414 East Sunrise Blvd., it is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mon. through Sat. and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sun. Restaurants enjoy later hours. More information is available by calling (954) 564-1036 or by visiting www.galleriamall-fl.com.
About Junior Achievement of South Florida
Junior Achievement of South Florida (JA) inspires and prepares youth to succeed in a global economy. JA provides real-world training in financial literacy including budgeting, spending, investing and the use of credit; offers cutting-edge skill-building opportunities that enable young people to explore meaningful, productive careers; teaches students how to start businesses; and introduces entrepreneurial values that strengthen workplaces. Last year, with the help of 7,100 trained corporate and community volunteers, JA delivered 20+ programs to over 69,000 students in classrooms throughout Broward and south Palm Beach counties and at JA World Huizenga Center at the Lillian S. Wells Pavilion, a first-class facility housing JA BizTown and JA Finance Park. For more information about Junior Achievement of South Florida, visit https://www.jasouthflorida.org. Follow JA on social media @jasouthflorida.