For Immediate Release
For More Information Contact:
Christopher Miller, Marketing Manager
Junior Achievement of South Florida
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF SOUTH FLORIDA ANNOUNCES NEW BOARD MEMBERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Junior Achievement of South Florida, the go-to expert for entrepreneurship, work readiness, and financial literacy programs for 50,000 students in Broward and south Palm Beach counties, welcomes its newest Board Members, and its Executive Committee for 2020-2021.
Congratulations to the following community leaders on their election to JA’s Board of Directors:
- Jeni Chokron, Senior Commercial Relationship Manager & Broward Commercial Team Lead, First Horizon
- Jessica Lerner, President and CEO, Community Care Plan
- John Goff, Vice President, Retail Operations, Miami Division, Publix
- Kenneth deBritto, CEO, AiMediaGroup
- Kim Swears, Managing Partner & Owner, FB Marine Group
- Major Kevin Granville, Broward Sheriff’s Office
- Michelle Martinez Reyes, Chief Relations Officer, Kelley Kronenberg
- Sunem Beaton-Garcia, Campus President and Vice Provost, Academic Services, Broward College North Campus
Serving on the Executive Committee and Committee Chairs are:
- Andrew Koenig, Board Vice Chair – CITY Furniture
- Bob Birdsong, Governance Committee Chair – OK Generators
- Brandon Hensler, Marketing/PR/External Affairs Committee Chair – Nova Southeastern University
- Brenda Horner, CEO Compensation Committee Chair – Consolidated Credit Solutions
- David Greenberg, Innovative Initiatives Committee Chair – Greenberg Capital
- Franki Schmidt, Secretary – American Express
- Joel D. Mayersohn, Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair – Dickinson Wright
- Mark Walter, Audit Committee Chair – The Legacy Companies
- Meaghan Ryan, Programs Committee Chair – Seminole Gaming
- Tim Hogans, Community & Government Affairs Committee Chair – NextEra Energy/ FPL
- Tim Rubin, Board Chair, Executive Committee Chair – Kaufman Rossin & Co.
JA’s Board of Directors is composed of 72 local community leaders with a strong and balanced blend of skills and experiences and who provide guidance to the JA staff and support the mission.
“We are proud to have such a strong, forward-thinking and committed Board who exemplify our mission of training the next generation of business leaders, employees and consumers. This group of dynamic leaders understand our goal to bridge the skills gap of today’s students seeking tomorrow’s jobs and teach essential financial literacy skills to prepare our youth for any situation in life so that they have a better future,” said Laurie Sallarulo, President & CEO of Junior Achievement of South Florida.
In addition to serving on several committees, JA’s Board of Directors also volunteer their time planning and implementing fundraising events and networking opportunities. Learn more about the JA Board of Directors at www.jasouthflorida.org/board-of-directors.
“Congratulations to the newest members of our Board of Directors. Despite what obstacles are thrown our way, I look forward to another prosperous year helping Junior Achievement become a thought leader and solution provider in our greater community,” said Tim Rubin, Board Chair.
About Junior Achievement of South Florida
Junior Achievement of South Florida (JA) inspires and prepares youth to succeed in a global economy. JA provides real-world training in financial literacy including budgeting, spending, investing and the use of credit; offers cutting-edge skill-building opportunities that enable young people to explore meaningful, productive careers; teaches students how to start businesses; and introduces entrepreneurial values that strengthen workplaces. Last year, with the help of over 7,100 trained corporate and community volunteers, JA delivered over 20 various programs to almost 50,000 students in classrooms throughout Broward and south Palm Beach counties and at JA World Huizenga Center at the Lillian S. Wells Pavilion, a first-class facility housing JA BizTown and JA Finance Park. For more information about Junior Achievement of South Florida, visit www.JASouthFlorida.org. Follow JA on social media @jasouthflorida.
Pictured above: Junior Achievement of South Florida’s newest Board Members (left to right, top row) Sunem Beaton-Garcia, Jeni Chokron, Kenneth deBritto, John Goff, Major Kevin Granville, Jessica Lerner, Michelle Martinez-Reyes and Kim Swears.